Thursday, November 5, 2009

Self Control?

I have started marathon training this week and it has been HORRIBLE! I thought after my runs I would feel great, I usually do. I am usually happy and running high on endorphins when I finish a good run. This week I have barely been able to finish my runs. I am exhausted when I am finished and come home and lay on my bed. Last night, I seriously considered not showering. I have been going to bed earlier and still I am tired. I attributed my fatigue to not eating enough and burning too many calories each day.

Today I knew I had a big run coming up so I ate a great breakfast and went and got a huge sandwich from Kneaders for lunch. I ate half of it for lunch and the other half for dinner. It was delicious. My run went a lot more smoothly with all of those great calories surging through my system. Now I am home and I should go to bed but I am STARVING. So do I make a healthy snack? No, I send my husband to Arbys. Soon all of that hard work at the gym will mean nothing and when I wake up in the morning and step on the scale, I won't be a happy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment